Experiencing life as an explorer – Exploration has been a great part of my life, taking exploration here in the most generic / abstract meaning you can give. It is also the main way that I experience interconnection to everything else. It seems to me that we can build very interesting models of ourselves, our senses and the abstractions that make sense by deep introspection and shared communication and experiences, and this seems to be an unmoving goalpost that fills my life with meaning and happiness. Over the years I have been interested in different topics and exploring their interconnection is a way to take advantage of the exploration done, while advancing into new terrains / topics.
I am making this page so that I can have an open / public-facing collection of unanswered question, unfinished projects and on-going research and system building threads.
- What is the best way incorporate time in our models? How to make it physically realistic to the best of our scientific knowledge
- What is the best way to incorporate physical constraints into an internal learned simulation of the observation space
- How can we measure, categorize and start learning the dynamics of internal state loops (from emotions, to thoughts and sensorial information)
- Can we find structural and repeated patterns of emotional contagion? Which essential dimensions should we look for in order to get a good approximation?
- Measures of progress
- Open goals for learning vs explorative goals
- Inspiration and motivation
- Pruning, choosing where not to go vs exploring the full space
- Started an open-project to keep track of my self-learning efforts https://github.com/zehsilva/autodidatico